The Liver Care Line at the University of Washington offers specialized care for the full spectrum of liver diseases.
As academic hepatologists, we focus on the treatment of viral hepatitis, autoimmune hepatitis and metabolic liver diseases.
We specialize in the management of end stage liver disease, liver cancer, and liver transplantation.
Our multidisciplinary team includes transplant surgeons, expert liver radiologists and pathologists, medical and surgical oncologists, and interventional radiologists.
We strive to provide world class patient care in an academic environment that includes cutting edge research protocols which expand treatment options for our patients.
Delivering the highest quality service to our patients and referring providers is our priority, and we welcome your referrals for hepatology consultation, liver transplant evaluation, and coordinated liver tumor care.
Appointments & Referrals
- All referrals to the Liver Care Line should be directed to fax number (206) 598-4287
- This includes referrals for the hepatology clinic, transplant evaluation, and liver tumor care
- Upon referral receipt, a confirmation fax is sent to the referring physician’s office and the patient is notified by telephone
- All referrals are reviewed by a hepatology physician within 24 to 72 hours, and the patient is then scheduled in the appropriate clinic
- Please be aware that patients require insurance pre-authorization prior to scheduling transplant-related services
- Providers who would like to discuss their referral with the on-call hepatologist are asked to call MEDCON at 1-800-326-5300
Transplant Hepatology Fellowship Program
The University of Washington School of Medicine offers a one-year ACGME-accredited fellowship in Transplant Hepatology. Candidates must have completed gastroenterology fellowship training in an ACGME-accredited program and be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Gastroenterology.
The University of Washington Medical Center is a large volume liver transplant center with over two decades of experience.
Our fellowship program provides an intensive education in transplant hepatology, with multidisciplinary input from transplant surgeons, hepatobiliary surgeons, hepatic pathologists, and interventional radiologists, ensuring a broad-based clinical experience.
The Transplant Hepatology Fellowship Program also includes participation in clinical research.